BC First Nations Forestry Council's Study + Work Forestry Scholarship Program -- Indigenous Forestry Training Program (IFTP) -- is designed to provide support for First Nations (status/non-status) or Métis Descent students interested in attending full-time studies in a designated post-secondary institution.
The program is delivered in partnership with BC Timber Sales (BCTS) and Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS), and provides:
- Tuition and living scholarship for:
- Forestry Technician
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Technology
- Business Management
- Business Administration
- Geographic Information Systems
- Forestry Trades:
> Construction Millwrights and Industrial Mechanics
> Logging Machine Operator
> Skidder Operator
> Heavy-duty Mechanics
- First Nations Forestry Council Membership with access
to forestry jobs, resources, opportunities and events.
- Paid summer work-term experience with BC Timber
Sales (BCTS) and one-on-one mentorship.
- Support from your local Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS) centre.
Send us your questions.
Download the info sheet.
Download Part A of application. For full application and details, please contact email@example.com.